Are you ready to give up smoking ?
Can you be a Quit Hero ?
If you are looking for help and advice on how to cut down or stop smoking, great support is offered through our local Stop Smoking Service in Halton provided by the Health Improvement Team from Bridgewater Community NHS Trust.
Their trained team of advisors use tried and tested ways to help you change your smoking habits. An example of this is using nicotine therapy.
There are a number of easy ways you can access the Halton Stop Smoking Service:
- Speak to your GP
- Drop in to your local chemist
- Email the Health Improvement Team at HIT@halton.gov.uk
- Call the Health Improvement Team on 0300 029 0029
- You can turn up to one of the drop-in sessions
The latest list of sessions available in Runcorn & Widnes can be found by clicking here.
Their sessions run from Monday to Friday in various locations around Widnes and Runcorn, where you can drop in and speak to one of their trained advisors.
*Please note – there are no sessions on public and bank holidays.*
What help can they provide ?
They can support you through:
- Free advice and support, tailored to the individual needs of the smoker
- One-to-one or group support and advice from trained staff, for people motivated to stop smoking
- Access to free or reduced cost Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) via a voucher scheme
- Support within workplace settings
- Support for in-patients within hospital settings
- Smoking prevention, education and support within schools
- Specialist advice to pregnant and breast-feeding smokers
- Training in delivering smoking cessation techniques
They can also answer your questions, such as:
- How does NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) work?
- What else can I use?
- Will I put on weight?
- What will I do when I usually smoke?
- What if I start smoking again?
- How can I relax instead?
- How much money will I save?
- Is it worth the effort?